Dreamlit Entertainment is seeking a passionate and talented Technical Game Designer. As a Technical Game Designer, you will collaborate with other Game Designers as well as Engineers to help develop/implement and iterate on various systems and features for the game. This individual should have high technical acumen with programming and UE4 Blueprints.
• Use your creative, scripting and technical skills to bring gameplay mechanics and systems to life while ensuring that your work does not incur unplanned technical debt..
• Quickly implement and iterate on game-play content in collaboration with other team members.
• Streamline and improve development processes and tools to support the design team’s needs .
• Create and maintain design documentation for areas of responsibility
• Collaborate with other designers and departments to share ideas, scope wisely and deliver a fun and polished gameplay experience.
• Understand and organize complex systems to simplify and communicate to other departments.
• 2+ years experience in video game development in a game-play, engineering, or technical design capacity.
• Fluent in one or more scripting or programming languages.
• Experience or have a deep understanding of UE4’s foundational systems/tools such as Blueprints and Gameplay Ability System.
• Ability to polish gameplay, mechanics, systems and moments to AAA quality.
• Appreciation and understanding of a wide variety of Action RPG and/or Survival Adventure games.
• Solid understanding of mechanics design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.